My name is Corby Stephens. I am a writer, podcaster, Bible teacher and mentor. I help established and curious Christians successfully connect God’s word to their lives so that God’s life empowers their lives. God’s word, the Bible, shows us His incredibly creative mind and compassionately committed heart. I love to help people discover what He has to say to us through it and learn to integrate the Spirit behind the words on its pages into our lives.
Current Adventures (short version)
In addition to being married to the Amazing Jess, with whom I am now an empty nester, I am the Student Help Desk instructor at King’s Way Christian School, and the creator of The Rhythm Journal.
I’m always looking for an opportunity to fill in on a Sunday or teach a workshop on how to study the Bible, or perhaps a topical weekend series on whatever is needed.
How did we get here? We have lived in
- Vancouver, WA (home town)
- Twin Peaks, CA
- Boring, OR
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Aberdeen, SD
- Toutle, WA
- Forest Grove, OR
- Back to Vancouver.
where I have been (in no particular order) a
- Bible College student
- Youth pastor (x2)
- Call center internet tech support (have you tried turning it off and on again?)
- Yo-yo professional
- Lead pastor (x2)
- IT consultant (x a lot)
- Über and Lyft driver
- Young adults pastor
- Groups pastor
Current Adventures (longer version)
I live in my hometown of Vancouver, WA, with my amazing wife of 23 years. We have two adult sons, one daughter-in-law, and one cat (for now), and soon a dog. My current occupation is as an IT Support team member, as well as teaching Student Help Desk at King’s Way Christian Schools (pre-K to 12th grade).
With over 20 years of varying degrees of ministry experience and active Bible study, the Lord has brought me to a place where I want and need to share with others what He has taught me. To quote Jedi Master Yoda, “Pass on what you have learned.” How will I pass these things along?
- Weekly blog posts
- Weekly audio devotional and Bible study podcast called The Blue Thread. Click here to learn how to subscribe.
- Occasional interview podcast called Notes from the Road. Click here to learn how to subscribe.
- As-inspired Facebook Live broadcasts on my Facebook “fan” Page and archived on YouTube and this website.
- (These are goals, doing my best to hit them!)
Blog posts and other content will connect God’s word to life in these primarily in these areas
- Relationship with God
- Family Life
- Ministry & ministering
- Bible studies, and how to study the Bible for yourself
- Theology in real life
I would love to share with your church, small group, camp, or retreat, how you can intentionally connect God’s word to your life.
- Give your pastor a weekend or midweek off and I’d be happy to fill in.
- How to study the Bible in a one session summary or multiple day in-depth sessions.
- Topically themes teaching for your specific need.
- The Holy Spirit
- The End Times
- One Testament – Connecting Old and New Testaments as one.
- Youth and young adults topics
- Bible books in summary and in depth
- You can find an archive of audio, video, and teaching notes of most of my Bible teaching at www.thebluethread.org
- Current active project in development (as of September 2017) is The Rhythm Journal: a guided journal to help you walk with God at His pace. Please join the email list and spread the word!
- I have a number of book ideas cooking based on previous teachings and life experiences. They will find their way out of my head someday.
- My wife and I are going to create some materials on connecting scripture with being married and being parents.
- Bible survey/overview materials to help individuals and small groups see how God made scripture to connect to itself and to our lives.
My goal is to become a full-time writer, speaker, and equipper. I’m so excited for the future! I would love to connect with you. At this point the best way to reach me is through social media or through the Contact page. I’m still serving God in a vocation that suits how I’m wired but it does limit how much time I am able to put into this. I would love it if you joined me in prayer and support to help equip the saints for the work of ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-16)