My name is Corby Stephens, and I am here to pump (clap) you up! I am a writer, podcaster, Bible teacher and mentor. I help established and curious Christians successfully connect God’s word to their lives so that God’s life empowers their lives. God’s word, the Bible, shows us His incredibly creative mind and compassionately committed heart. I love to help people discover what He has to say to us through it and learn to integrate the Spirit behind the words on its pages into our lives.
In addition to being a Technology Teacher at King’s Way Christian School, I am also leading the Saturday night service at Living Word Fellowship called, The Bridge.
We want to create something that is less a “come and watch service/experience” and more of a “come along side and grow together” gathering. While there will be music and teaching, we are working on some interactive elements (like Q&A, “challenge” updates and testimonies).
If you are in the Vancouver area and are looking for a new church family, I’d love to hear from you. We also want to mentor people in public teaching, being discipled and how to disciple others, musicians, technology, ministry, marriage, parenting, you name it. It’s not just about the gathering, but also the sending. If you are looking for opportunities like this, I would also love to hear from you.
How did we get here? We have lived in
- Twin Peaks, CA
- Boring, OR
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Aberdeen, SD
- Toutle, WA
- Forest Grove, OR
where I have been (in no particular order) a
- Bible College student
- Youth pastor (x2)
- Call center internet tech support (have you tried turning it off and on again?)
- Yo-yo professional
- Lead pastor (x2)
- IT consultant (x a lot)
- Über and Lyft driver
I live in my hometown of Vancouver, WA, with my amazing wife of 22 years. We have two adult sons, one daughter-in-law, two cats, and one dog. My current occupation is as an IT professional, as well as teaching Computers at Kingsway Christian School (Elementary).
With over 20 years of varying degrees of ministry experience and active Bible study, the Lord has brought me to a place where I want and need to share with others what He has taught me. To quote Jedi Master Yoda, “Pass on what you have learned.” How will I pass these things along?
- Weekly blog posts
- Weekly audio devotional and Bible study podcast called The Blue Thread. Click here to learn how to subscribe.
- Twice-a-month interview podcast called Notes from the Road. Click here to learn how to subscribe.
- As-inspired Facebook Live broadcasts on my Facebook “fan” Page and archived on YouTube and this website.
Blog posts and other content will connect God’s word to life in these primarily in these areas
- Relationship with God
- Family Life
- Ministry & ministering
- Bible studies, and how to study the Bible for yourself
- Theology in real life
Check out the results of my first readers survey for a picture of what to expect. Also, be sure to find the “widget” in the sidebar for a list of key posts that share the why and the how of all of this. I would love to connect on social media. I’m pretty active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
I would love to share with your church, small group, camp, or retreat, how you can intentionally connect God’s word to your life.
- Give your pastor a weekend or midweek off and I’d be happy to fill in.
- How to study the Bible in a one session summary or multiple day in-depth sessions.
- Topically themes teaching for your specific need.
- The Holy Spirit
- The End Times
- One Testament – Connecting Old and New Testaments as one.
- Youth and young adults topics
- Bible books in summary and in depth
- You can find an archive of audio, video, and teaching notes of most of my Bible teaching at www.thebluethread.org
- I have a number of book ideas cooking based on previous teachings and life experiences. They will find their way out of my head someday.
- My wife and I are going to create some materials on connecting scripture with being married and being parents.
- Bible survey/overview materials to help individuals and small groups see how God made scripture to connect to itself and to our lives.
My goal is to become a full-time writer, speaker, and equipper. I’m so excited for the future! I would love to connect with you. At this point the best way to reach me is through social media or through the Contact page. I’m still serving God in a vocation that suits how I’m wired but it does limit how much time I am able to put into this. I would love it if you joined me in prayer and support to help equip the saints for the work of ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-16)