- false prophets – pseudo prophets
- false teachers – pseudo teachers. Genuinely deceived, and not
- heresies – to chose, to elect to believe something different from the majority. “I donʼt want to believe this, I want to believe that.”
- bought-purchased,nowunderthecontrolofthebuyer. An exchange. Key point.
- follow – imitate. Supposed to imitate Jesus.
- destructive – as the result of sensuality, absence of restraint.
- the way of truth – there is only one way of truth.
- The truth, the gospel, brings life, illumination, selflessness, salvation. The false brings destruction, greediness, confusion, deception, judgment.
- 2:9 How does one go from being unjust to godly? Repentance.
Transition point – itʼs an issue of lordship.
- The struggles we see in the church, in marriages, in families, in individuals, all come back to Lordship of JC.
- Canʼt do any of it assuming, “Godʼs probably OK with this.”
- If Jesus isnʼt your Lord, He isnʼt your savior. Not my words, Godʼs.
- Implied, if not specified, in the gospel, is the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Is He your Lord? Is this the missing thing in your relationship with Jesus? Start today.
Originally taught September 6, 2009.