- 3:8 One mind – think the same thing, same understanding.
- How do we have this one mind? 1 Cor 2:16, Philippians mind of Christ. Romans 12:2.
- If we are all being transformed we should all be of one mind.
- having compassion – sympathetic resonance. Like notes resonating on a piano’s strings. We need to have that for one another.
- 3:9 Evil – kaka original usage, a cowardly soldier who retreats. That weakens the army. Donʼt weaken others if they weaken you.
- Blessing – Matthew 5:43-48. There is never a degree to which anyone can say, “I have done this enough.”
- 3:15 Be ready to give a reason for the hope.
- Why will you need to give a reason? Why will people ask?
- hope – desire of some good with the expectation of obtaining it
- What is the good that you desire with an expectation of obtaining it?
- Unless people see it they will have no reason to ask, and you will have no need to give a defense.
- Suffering for doing good is a sign of resonating with the life of Jesus.
Originally taught July 26, 2009.