- Living as an example of Jesus among unbelievers.
- Some topics have a lot of baggage attached to them. This is one. Problem is we think in terms of opposites, extremes. Bad thinking.
- Men and women are different. Duh.
- Not better/worse than, not more/less valuable/significant.
- Given different roles by God. As in a play, all roles important. Who is better, more valuable; Romeo or Juliet? Neither, but different parts, different roles.
- Jesus our example.
- Submitted Himself, didnʼt do anything to make Himself “attractive” but instead did what it took to draw us to God.
- He lived with us, understanding us because we were weaker vessels when we were unbelievers. His prayer for us was not hindered.
- His giving of Himself was itself a demonstration of Godʼs love for us. He went through what we go through and understands.
- Whatever the state of your marriage, whatever the state of your life, the first best thing you can do is have a right relationship with Jesus.
Originally taught July 12, 2009.