- Living as an example of Jesus among unbelievers. Peter is emphasizing the need for believers to submit themselves, even to unbelievers. Let them see Jesus in you. Even in marriage.
- Marriage is the first institution/organization God has given to mankind.
- The foundation for all society and culture.
- Who was on the ark? Four married couples. Marriage common in all cultures because of this.
- A strong marriage, a unified marriage is important. Not just a functioning one, a deliberate unified one, as much as depends on you.
- Donʼt let life get in the way of your family living for the Lord.
- There is nothing more important, or more personal, than oneʼs marriage. Hard to ask for help.
- Without strong marriages, our community, our church is weak. Seek help if you need it.
- Strong marriages means strong families, strong communities, strong churches, strong believers. Play your part.
Originally taught July 19, 2009.