- sojourners – nomads passing through, not residents
- pilgrims – like Abraham, made his dwelling in Canaan but was a stranger
- fleshly lusts – not just the “bad” stuff, anything that…
- war against the soul – flesh vs. spirit.
- Not living life to please others, but to be an example to them, to be what is in 2:9-10. Specifically to non-believers. The churchʼs failure in this area lends to people hating church.
- Going to use three areas Christians seems to do the worst in – government, business, marriage/family.
- How does Peter say we should to that? Submission. The Godhead is the model of submission.
- Godʼs sacrificial self-giving love – Rom. 5:8, 1 John 4:10.
- Existed in trinity before creation. Rev. 13:8.
- The Father gives up His Son. John 3:16-17.
- The Son seeks only to do the Fatherʼs will. John 4:34.
- The Spirit seeks to glorify the Son and Father. John 16:13-15.
- We, as believers to one another. Ephesians 5:21
Originally taught June 28, 2009.