Steve Jensen was a very influential person in my life as a high school student, and continues to be influential in the lives of students. I am excited to share my conversation with Steve with you.
From a non-believing home, to a believing home, to serving as a leader, to husband, to father, to school principal, and through the loss of a child, Steve is honest, funny, real, and encouraging. If you have ever suffered a significant loss in your life, or know of someone who has, please take to time to listen to this conversation.
Here is my interview with Steve Jensen, recorded on August 16, 2016.
My favorite bits
- When you look for God to speak, even with the wrong motive, God will speak, and fix the motive problem along the way.
- Instead of going to Him and saying, “Do this,” He will come back and say, “I Am.”
- First anchor – John 15:13. Jesus is your best friend.
- Second anchor – The dichotomy between Philippians 3 and 4.
- Third anchor – Proverbs 16:9
- Writing Proverbs 16:9 above everything you are planning. Leave from for God to move and change.
- I didn’t know why, but I needed to know Who. That’s an anchor.
- Joshua 1:9, the Jensen Family verse.
- Link to Brian Kilde episode regarding the arts
- Steve and Vickie’s online journals. Requires a free account.
- Knowing God by J.I. Packer