Daniel is a book of prophecy as much as manʼs reaction to Godʼs sovereignty. There is an apparent contradiction between the sovereignty of God and manʼs free will.
- Sovereignty – the script of our timeline was complete before God said, “Action!”
- Free will – we determine the course of our lives, we want some things to happen and not other, we have some control/say in that.
When they are at odds our lives feel like they are in pieces. Job loss, cancer, not accepted to school, etc. When we live life on purpose, we have peace despite circumstances.
When there is a battle between the two, who wins? What should we do? Live life on purpose, like Daniel did. Work, cook, play, earn, spend, learn, teach, but when things donʼt go the way you thought they would, live life on purpose. React to it in a way that demonstrates your unconditional faith and trust in God.
Originally taught August 24, 2008.
- How to live life on purpose; purpose in your heart.
- How to live life on purpose; make your convictions your own, donʼt expect them from or enforce them on others.
- How to live life on purpose; do what God has put in front of you to do with everything you have, and let Him worry about His own plan.