- 5:1-4 Context of leaders in a time of persecution
- not as being lords – not domineering, having dominion (5:11), being the boss of, Michael Scott
- glory – carries the idea of approval. “You did it!” “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
- submit yourselves – command, repeated in letter
- humility – thinking of ourselves as we actually are in relation to others as we are in Jesus
- humble – low, opposite of hyper
- casting upon him – giving responsibility over to another
- Everything in life filtered through the true grace of God.
Originally taught August 16, 2009.