Genesis 8:4 and The Resurrection on the first day of the week recorded in all four Gospels
- Genesis 8:4
- The flood was a judgment on the world. 8 people and representative pairs of the different kinds of animals, not every species as we classify them, were on the Ark being delivered through the judgment to a new life.
- That vehicle of protection came to a rest, which meant everyone on board could rest after that boat ride!
- The resurrection, the discovery of the empty tomb, is referred to in all four Gospels as being on the first day of the week.
- For the purposes of this devotional I need to skip over some really interesting rabbit trails about calendars and when did Jesus have the last supper with his disciples and was that last supper the Seder or Passover meal, or something else.
- Suffice it to say that since Jesus is the lamb of God, our Passover lamb, He would have been crucified on the 14th of Nisan, or, in the first month on the 14th day of the month.
- Three days later, resurrection Sunday, the first day of the week, would be the first month, the 17th day of the month. Happy Anniversary!
- Jesus, who took the judgment for sin for all mankind upon Himself, came back to life to give us rest as referred to in Hebrews 4.